I have an ALL NEW Get Ready With Me today, and a BRAND NEW Blogger takeover for you today. Simultaneously! Whoo Hoo!
When the glamorous Meshia of SheBatty reached out to me and asked if I’d be interested in having her do a makeup post, she didn’t have to pull my arm. I’ve been following the beautiful beast on Instagram and her blog, so I knew that she had serious skills. She gives us LOOKS, so I knew it was going to be a dope experience for my humble blog. So sit back, relax, pour yourself a glass of moscato, and follow Meshia as she gets girls night out glam!!
The way life is set up these days, finding time to get together and fellowship with friends can be a challenge. My girls and I finally found some time to meet up and do what girls do, GIRLS NIGHT OUT! I am too excited about dinner and a night out, on the town, with my girls. Come get ready with me.
The GLAM Squad:
- TimeWise® Miracle Set® – Normal/Dry ($95.00, Mary Kay) – With 11 age-defying benefits in one system, the TimeWise® Miracle Set® is four products clinically shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines, target skin resilience and help skin tone look more even.
- Mary Kay® Oil-Free Hydrating Gel (Normal/Oily) ($32.00, Mary Kay) – This nongreasy gel absorbs quickly, leaving skin feeling cool and refreshed while hydrating it for up to 10 hours.
- Mary Kay® Foundation Primer Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 ($18.00, Mary Kay) – This lightweight gel glides on easily to fill in imperfections and dries quickly to a matte finish to create the perfect canvas for a flawless foundation application that enhances foundation benefits and extends wear.
- HD Pro Conceal, Orange ($5.00, L.A. Girl) – Crease-resistant, opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage,evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes. Neutralizes dark spots for medium/deep skin tones.
- Fit Me! Dewy Smooth, 355 (Coconut) ($7.99, Maybelline) – Dewy foundation with SPF 18 that hydrates and smoothes skin texture. Leaves a naturally luminous finish.
- HD Pro Conceal, Fawn ($5.00, L.A. Girl) – Crease-resistant, opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage,evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes.
- Black Opal True Color Creme Stick Foundation, Carob ($14.48, Amazon) – This Broad-Spectrum SPF15, hypoallergenic formula protects skin from UVA/UVB damage. It delivers the maximum coverage for perfect, even skin tone. It won’t clog pores and blends smoothly to give you the flawless face you’ve always wanted.
- MAC Mineralized Skinfinish, Dark ($33.00, MAC Cosmetics) – A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provides a natural, dimensional finish.
- Auto Eyebrow Pencil, Dark Brown ($4.75, NYX Cosmetics) – Create flawless arches with this eyebrow pencil a blend of vegetable coconut and soy bean oil that guarantees a fluid application and sensational color. Use the built-in brush to blend color and style your eyebrows to perfection.
- MAC Eyeshadow, Saddle ($16.00, MAC Cosmetics) – A highly pigmented powder that applies evenly and blends well.
- True Complexion™ Contour Palette, Medium/Dark ($7.99, Black Radiance) – Highlights, shapes and sculpts facial features for naturally enhanced definition.
- Lasting Line™ Long-Wearing Eyeliner, Always Charcoal ($17.00, Bare Minerals) – This mineral-rich formula stays soft and creamy for blending, then sets to a long-wearing finish that won’t smudge, smear or fade.
- Grandiôse Liner, Matte Noir – Jet Black ($32.00, Lancôme) – Easy at every angle, a 35 degree bendable wand allows for the most precise & easy to apply liquid liner looks.
Always start with a clean, moisturized face. I’ve been a Mary Kay girl since I was a teenager. I currently cleanse my face with Mary Kay Timewise for Normal to Dry skin, and use the Oil Free Hydrating Gel for additional moisture. Dancing is on the agenda for the night, and I want my makeup to stay put all night long, so I’m priming my entire face (including my eyelids) with Mary Kay’s Foundation Primer.
I used L. A. Girl PRO Conceal color corrector in orange on dark spots and the darker areas of my face.
Maybelline Fit Me Dewy Smooth in 355 (Coconut) for foundation. I love the way it looks and feels on my skin.
Next, I applied L. A. Girl PRO Conceal in the color Fawn to brighten under my eyes, the bridge of my nose and the center of my forehead.
I wanted to add some definition to my cheekbones, so I’m going to use Black Opal’s True Color Foundation Stick in the color Carob to contour. To set it all, I dusted MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Dark all over my face.
On to brows. I used the NYX Auto Brow Pencil in Dark Brown to fill in my brows. It has been said that eyebrows are sisters not twins. For me, they are more like distant cousins.
I kept things super simple for my eyes and used a flesh tone MAC shadow in the color Saddle and the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium/Dark on my eyes; using the sculpt shade under the brow bone, MAC Saddle all over my lids, and used the contour shade in my crease and outer corner. I used bareMinerals Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner on my lower lash line, then to trace the outline for my wing. I then filled it in with, my favorite, Lancome Grandiose Liner.
For my cheeks, I applied this gold and pink blush from MAC (it’s so old that the name has rubbed off and it’s been discontinued) and used MAC’s Nutcracker Sweet Dust Powder in Sweet Vision on top of the blush. To finish the look I popped on some lashes, then lined my lips with MAC Chestnut, applied MAC Faux, and topped it off with NYX Intense Butter Gloss in 03 Toasted Marshmallow Guimauve Grillee.
Since i’m going out with the girls, and it’s just my nature, I decided to be a bit daring with my outfit. I decided on a sheer top with faux leather leggings, paired with gold shoes and accessories.
Way to glam it up, Meshia! Thanks so much! If you enjoyed this, be sure to show her some love on her website, SheBatty.com, as well as her Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Let her know Audrey sent you! What would you like to see in a future edition of Get Ready With Me? Drop me a line below with your thoughts on this post, and any ideas, product recommendations or suggestions you have for the future… I look forward to hearing from you!